Brush Creek Academy is a lower cost, ranch-based Christian boarding school designed for at-risk boys, age 14-18, who are struggling with life-controlling issues. We help troubled teenage boys begin living a more fulfilling and intentional life.
Welcome to Brush Creek, a ministry of Teen Challenge Oklahoma! Brush Creek’s goal is to provide teens and their families with the tools and resources to thrive academically, relationally and spiritually.
Designed for Boys Who Are Struggling
Brush Creek is a Christian boarding school for boys, designed for troubled teenagers who are:
- Making poor and even dangerous choices
- Acting entitled, selfish, or detached
- Manipulating family and others
- Lying, sneaking out, isolating from family
- Rebelling against authority
- Angry or self-destructive
- Struggling with anger, family discord, peer pressure
- Academically behind or unmotivated.
Why Choose Brush Creek for Your Struggling Teen?
- Brush Creek’s chief goal is to facilitate the restoration of a positive relationship between the teen and their family through guiding, mentoring and through modeling the love and hope of Jesus Christ. They work with troubled teens who have had a disconnect somewhere along the line and have gotten off track in life.
- Brush Creek exists to provide families with the assistance they need to help their teenager succeed in life relationally, academically and spiritually.
- Brush Creek’s exceptional staff appreciates the uniqueness of each student and helps teens to embrace their God-given purpose for their future.
- Students in Brush Creek’s care learn quickly they are being given an awesome chance to get beyond their past failures, so they can restart their life and their relationships with family on a new, solid and positive foundation.
About the Campus
Brush Creek Academy is located on a 915-acre ranch setting in northeastern Oklahoma. The campus sits at the foothills of the Ozark mountains with a beautiful clear flowing stream running through the grounds. On the property, students have opportunities to hike, fish, camp, hunt, swim, and learn archery. Cattle graze through the valleys and the hills where the boys can learn how to care for them and the other animals at Oasis Animal Adventures.
Brush Creek Academy’s location on a ranch property provides young men experience that will help instill a positive, strong work ethic into their character. Two life skills Brush Creek hopes their students accomplish in this environment is learning to take personal responsibility and concern for others. Students can help care for livestock and horses year-round at the Ranch.
Feeding, grooming, cleaning living areas, as well as providing ongoing medical needs of the animals are all a part of ranch life. With over 900 acres of property, there is any number of things needing to be done on a constant basis. Students are involved with everything from clearing brush and cutting wood to repairing fences and fixing equipment. Your son may have opportunities to practice practical skills such as carpentry, auto maintenance and more. These activities and tasks help develop their sense of responsibility and pride in a job well done.
What is expected for a student to complete the program?
The program works on a level system. Each level consists of a particular length of time, and each level has different requirements the student must fulfill before eligibility to advance to the next level.
What type of counseling do the students receive?
Upon entry into the program, each student is assigned an advisor to provide individual one-on-one guidance and mentoring determined by that student’s particular needs. The proven cure for life-controlling problems is based on the embracing of Biblical principles to spiritually improve the quality of his character. Students also meet with the Life Skills Counselor to work through the student’s individual issues through personal learning contracts throughout the duration of the program, as well as in group sessions during the week. The Program Manager oversees each student’s overall needs and works with family, student, and staff to see that restoration is brought to both the student and family.
Will the student receive educational classes in the program?
Students attend Brush Creek Academy’s privately accredited school, The Cross Christian Academy. Students also participate in Personal and Group Studies for a New Life. The curriculum and faith-based structured classes help to establish a foundation of Biblical knowledge leading to spiritual growth, and to a life-changing, continually growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
“Brush creek made me realize how much more I have to offer my family and friends. I am going to love my family with more love than I have. I will be more open to trusting people … it has put a new perspective on how I look at life.” – Brush Creek Graduate